Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Suburbs Are Called "Sub" For A Reason

For years, my friends have heard me say, "One doesn't live in the suburbs, one dies in the suburbs." My wife and I were so lucky to find each other when we did, but I consider myself especially blessed. Aside from the innumerable strengths that she has brought to our partnership, she brought to the City. Our life in Chicago benefited my health in many surprising ways: one might not think that walking everywhere would be so good for one's health, but I lost several inches in my waistline without many trips to the gym.

Now we are back in the 'burbs, and the pounds are starting to come back. My cheeks are getting chubby again, and I am definitely more lethargic than I used to be. Is there something in the water out here? While you are thinking that over, Sherlock, I am going to hop on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a good comment for good karma!